Sometimes users need a clean reinstall of the Jaxx Wallet. To do that please follow the below steps:
1. For full safety, you need to save a copy of your 12-word Backup Phrase. Once you will reinstall Jaxx you will need the 12 words to pair your wallet back.
You can find the Backup Phrase here: MENU > Tools > Backup Wallet > View Backup Phrase
***Only when you have the 12-word Backup Phrase copied to a safe place and 100% correct, move on to the next steps.***
For the next steps, you would need to be running a user with Administrator privileges.
2. You will need to Uninstall Jaxx:
- For Windows go to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Programs\jaxx and double-click the Uninstall Jaxx.exe
- For macOS cd into this directory from the terminal as follows: cd ~/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Jaxx/Local Storage/ . Once in that directory run: rm file_0.localstorage . Then go to Applications and move Jaxx to the Trash
3. Once you have successfully uninstalled Jaxx, you will need to wipe the potential remaining Jaxx files off your hard-drive by deleting the Jaxx folder(s) - if they still exist - from:
- For Windows: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\ and C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Programs\
- For macOS: /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/
4. Now you'll need to reinstall a fresh copy of Jaxx so head on to https://jaxx.io/support.html, choose the OS you're on and download the latest version of Jaxx. Once that is installed you'll be asked to pair the 12-word Backup Phrase and follow the step by step process there to get your wallet configured and initialized.
We hope this helps. Please submit a support ticket to our team if you need further assistance by filling out the form here.